2. AS PART OF THE SERVICES, YOU ARE PROVIDED WITH A US/CANADIAN FORMATED TELEPHONE NUMBER. THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE NECESSARY TO PROVIDED THE SERVICES ARE LOCATED IN THE US AND CANADA, AS SUCH YOU ARE UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE LAWS OF CANADA when you accept the Services with the US/Canadian telephone number.
3. TextNow provides “Free” Services as well as paid Services for users. In order to pay for the “Free” Service, personalized advertisements are placed before you. Your information is used to personalize the advertisements.
6. If You are a resident of the European Economic Area or EU, please deactivate your account with us. We are currently focused on US and Canadian markets and have not yet implemented the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations.
7. TextNow reserves the right to modify these policies at any time. We invite you to periodically consult this section for possible updates and changes. Notification of any major changes may be sent to you by email or a system message to your account.
8. If you wish to contact our Privacy Officer, you may contact them through one of the following means:
Post: TextNow, Inc.
420 Wes Graham Way
Email: [email protected]
9. You may update your personal information (including flagging your messages for deletion) by accessing your account from our website at https://www.textnow.com.
The table below sets forth the types of data we collect. We use this data for one or more of the following purposes as indicated in such table:
Purpose #1 - Providing our Services to you, including communicating with you and marketing our Services to you.
Purpose #2 - Security (such as detecting security breaches, protecting against fraud, malicious and illegal activity, and taking action against wrongdoers (e.g. fraudsters and hackers)).
Purpose #3 - To ensure our Services are working as intended and to make improvements to our Services.
Purpose #4 - To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Purpose #5 - To provide you with relevant commercial advertisements. In connection this Purpose #5, we share certain information as indicated in the table below with third party advertisers in order to provide you with relevant commercial advertisements. The provision of such information generates revenue to pay in part or in whole for the Services. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Information We Collect?
Name, User ID (alias), email address, Phone Number, IP address, device ID, advertiser ID, device type, settings and operating system.
#1, #3, and #5 (advertiser ID, IP address and/or hashed email only)
Telephony log information (telephone log records) (e.g. calling-party number, receiving party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls and messages, duration of calls, routing information and types of calls).
#1, #3, #4
Messages (including voice, text, audio, video, pictures and videos) and contacts.
Credit card number
#1 (payment processing only)
Records of purchases of our Services.
Information about your interaction with the TextNow application and advertisements.
#1, #3, #5 (advertiser ID, IP address and/or hashed email only)
Latitude/longitude coordinates and general physical location or movements from IP address and Wi-Fi access.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we partner with third parties that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for purposes of delivering more relevant advertising to you or your business. Our partners may place or recognize a cookie on your computer, device, or directly in our emails/communications, and we may share personal information with them if you have submitted such information to us, such as your email address or device ID. Our partners may link the hashed or obfuscated personal information we share with them to the cookie stored on your browser or device, and they may collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or inferred-interest information. Our partners use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms, including but not limited to, computers, mobile devices, over time for advertising (including addressable TV), analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. For example, our partners may deliver an ad to you in your web browser based on a purchase you made in a physical retail store. Your data may be transferred outside of the country from which it was originally collected. To learn more about interest-based advertising in general and to opt-out, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Our advertising partners may place or recognize a cookie on your computer or device, and may use a de-identified, non-human readable version of your email address for matching to other data collected from (or across) sites about you to improve the relevance of online advertising and personalization. Never is your actual email address shared with any company. To learn more about interest-based advertising in general and to opt out, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices
1. Our servers are located in the United States and Canada. Accordingly, in connection with providing you with the Services, your information will be processed and stored in the United States and Canada. The governments, courts, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies of which are able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States or the laws of Canada.
2. Your payment information may be share with such third parties as needed for billing purposes and to prevent fraud.
1. The Services may include advertisements regarding or otherwise contain hyperlinks to other websites, including those of our business partners, vendors and advertisers. Advertisements for third parties and their products may be included with the Services and those third party advertisements and web sites may include a cookie, web beacons, or other device(s) of the third party. We do not have control over the cookies, web beacons, or other devices used by third parties and do not have access to whatever information they may collect. You acknowledge and agree We are not responsible for the content or for the privacy practices employed by third parties.