Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
Work history and other relevant experience including information contained in a resume, CV, cover letter, or job application.
Education information including degrees awarded, transcripts, and other information provided in support of the job application.
Information collected during phone screenings and interviews.
Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for.
Any sensitive and/or demographic information processed during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin, age, and religion.
Details regarding the type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate, job preferences, and other information related to compensation and benefits.
Reference information, and information received from background checks, where applicable, including information provided by third parties.
Information related to previous applications to the Company or previous employment history with the Company.
Your information from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your Linkedin profile).
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We only use your personal information where applicable law permits or requires it in connection with carrying out our application and recruitment process. As such, we may use your personal information for the following legitimate business purposes:
- Identifying and evaluating job applicants, including assessing skills, qualifications, and interests.
- Verifying your information and carrying out employment, background, and reference checks, where applicable, subject to your consent where required by applicable law.
- Communicating with you about the recruitment process and your application(s), including in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at the Company.
- Keeping records related to our hiring processes.
- Fostering our diversity and inclusion programs and practices.
- Creating and submitting reports as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- To comply with our legal, regulatory, or other corporate governance requirements.
- Analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable government requests.
- To protect the rights and property of the Company, other job applicants, employees, or the public, as required or permitted by law.
In addition to using your personal information for the position for which you have applied, we may retain and use your personal information to inform you about and consider you for other positions that may be appropriate for you. If you do not want to be considered for other positions, you may contact us as specified below under Contact Us.
We will only use your personal information for the business purposes we collected it for as described above. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will provide notice to you and, if required by law, seek your consent. We may use your personal information without your knowledge or consent where required by applicable law or regulation.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties where required by law or to our employees, contractors, designated agents, or third-party service providers who require it to assist us with administering the recruitment process, including third-party service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf. We may use third-party service providers for various purposes, including, but not limited to, obtaining employment verification and background checks (with your consent). These third-party service providers may be located outside of the United States and Canada.
We do not permit our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and we only permit them to use your personal information for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose your personal information for the following additional purposes where permitted or required by applicable law:
- As part of our regular reporting activities to other members of our group of companies.To comply with legal obligations or valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas, or court orders.
- When we disclose your personal information to comply with a legal obligation or legal process, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that we only disclose the minimum personal information necessary for the specific purpose and circumstances.
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of persons.
- If a business transfer or change in ownership occurs.
- For additional purposes with your consent where such consent is required by law.
TextNow does not “sell” or lease your personal information to third parties.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
If you are offered and accept employment with the Company, the personal information we collect during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record, and we may use it in connection with your employment consistent with our employee personal information policies.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Objection
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during the recruitment process. Depending on the jurisdiction, you may have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you, or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information under certain circumstances. If you are entitled to such rights, and want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information, please contact us at the contact details listed below. Any such communication must be in writing.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent and/or delete your information under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent or request deletion, if applicable, contact us at at the contact details listed below. Please also be aware that withdrawal of consent is not retroactive and may be subject to exceptions.
If you wish to contact our Privacy Officer, you may contact them through one of the following means:
Post: TextNow, Inc.
420 Wes Graham Way
Email: [email protected]